Thursday, February 7, 2008

Jesus to the rescue

My brother sent me this video today, I believe it was from a youth conference.
http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=ee73e63418003b47d7d5
What a cool job of presenting the gospel. Something we hear at our church very often is that we need to constantly preach the Gospel not only to our community and our homes, but to ourselves. This skit was a great reminder of how Jesus comes to our rescue even when we look to everything else in the world to give us "life".
Ephesians chapter 2 is the scripture I run to the most when I need to be reminded of who I was and who's I am. Not only did HE come after me when I was dead, but HE still drags me away from harmfull situations and lifestyles, now. How often do we still look to the world for assurance, "life" and peace? I would say we are looking the wrong direction!

5 comments:

Kim said...

So I just screamed down the hall to my hubby, "Did you know Scott Holmes had a blog?". Welcome aboard the blogtrain. Now I will haunt you forever.

Anonymous said...

Your bass boat is making me laugh. Do you get a lot of looks on the lake with that thing?

Scott H said...

You wouldn't believe the looks! I have had people pull up beside me on the interstate and take pictures numerous times.
I forget about it most the time and actually get aggravated on the water when people stare as they go by. Then I look down and reallize what they are staring at!
Always wanted a zebra striped boat, dont know why.

Jawan said...

Wow...I'm surprised Melissa didn't beat you to the blogasphere.

Scott H said...

She's not into it. Maybe I just have too much time!