Wednesday, June 4, 2008

List

Everyone that blogs has a list. I have been thinking of topics...what I hate, what I love, pet peeves, etc. I wanted to step out a bit.
So here is a list of my favorite quotes from Jack Handey (no particular order)
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
Rehab is for quitters.
Illiterate? Write today for free help.
What is another word for synonym?
Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess is why several of us died of tuberculosis.
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.
If a mute swears does his mother wash his hands out with soap?
Should vegetarians eat animal crackers?
Why do people who know the least know it the loudest?
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."
Mom used to get offended when I used the word "puke." But to me, that's what her dinner tasted like.
Children need encouragement. If a kid gets an answer right, tell him it was a lucky guess. That way he develops a good, lucky feeling.
If you ever catch on fire, try to avoid looking in a mirror, because I bet that will really throw you into a panic.
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat ruffage!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my father did, not screaming in terror like his passengers.
A good man has few enemies. A ruthless man has none.
Save the whales! Collect the whole set
The quickest way to a man's heart is through his ribcage.
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda' neat.
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, but give him a case of dynamite and soon the village will be showered with mud and seaweed and unidentifiable chunks of fish.

I love it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those were the good ole' days when SNL was funny. Thanks for the laugh!

Kim said...

LOVE me some Jack Handey.

Methinks I'm feeling a list comin' on.

4theluv said...

Not bad, Holmes. Not bad at all.

Ginger said...

Those were hilarious! It makes me want to get on youtube! Love the "God is crying" one! HA HA...

j_webb said...

Here's some more good 'uns:

*If you ever teach a yodeling class, the hardest thing is to stop the students from just yodeling right off. You see we BUILD to that.

*One thing kids really like is to be tricked. For instance I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland but instead drove him to an old burned out warehouse. "Oh no" I said, "Disneyland burned down". He cried and cried but deep down I think he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to take him to the real Disneyland, but it was getting late.

*Instead of a regular arm, Carl was born with a pigeon's wing. The odd thing was, all through his life, no one ever made fun of his wing, not even the mean kids at school. Then oneday he realized why: He looked in the mirror and saw that he was a pigeon! He pooped right there, as he often did, wherever he was.

*When I saw the old bum pushing his grocery cart down the street, at first I felt sorry for him.
But then when I saw what was in his cart I thought, well no wonder you're a bum, look at the dumb things you bought.

:-)

Crissy said...

HA! Love Jack Handey.
My favorite is, "Would we cut down trees if we could hear them scream? We might, if they screamed all the time for no good reason." Makes me laugh.