Monday, May 5, 2008

Finally!

A check. After much time and effort this year, I finally managed to place well enough to get a check.
Fished Lake Wheeler in Decatur this past weekend for 3 days. Lee and I caught a ton of fish shallow Thursday and Friday fishing like I like ( shallow, dirty water with grass and bushes).
Once again, got paired out with someone fishing completely differently. This time, though, this guy was actually on fish, good ones. Unfortunately, I had to fish deep, clear water with light line and a little worm. Not my cup of tea, but if it works, do it.
I finished 3rd on the co-angler side with 3 fish weighing 8.44 and my partner won the boater side with 14.40.
Going to Lake Tuscaloosa this weekend for the BASS Federation in which I am in 3rd place for Angler of the Year. Unfortunately, this is a deeeeep clear lake which does not fit my style.
Here is the standings from the BASS Weekend Angler Series http://www.abaproam.com/results/7.pdf

3 comments:

Burt said...

the key to those deep clear lakes is to go half and half

Brandon E said...

Your 3 weighed almost as much as Lee's 5. Nice

j_webb said...

Half n Half. hee hee

Congrats! To get a check for fishing would definitley be on MY list of life accomplishments. haha

Whats with the "penalty" some anglers had? Like .25lb penalty? Fish too small or what?