Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Lose, Lose, Lose


No, this has nothing to do with our baseball team, although that title would be fitting.

This is about losing friends, hair and fat. Nice Combo!

Yesterday my good friend Quinn busted out of Moody to pursue his education for the ministry. In the last year or so, Quinn has been a great friend and a blessing to me and the whole church family. He and Kim will be missed.

In honor of mountain man Quinn and his departure I shaved off my mountain man chin this morning, seemed like a good time to lose that. I look 15 years older, and meaner!

Thirdly, Burt and I have thrown down the gauntlet on fat. I'm not sure when the official start will be but we are going to see who can lose 10% of their body weight the quickest. (All this was decided over Milo's last week). Biggest loser! He said no holds barred, which is good cause I intend to cheat. Got the cheater pills already, been choking down greens and water, and if he starts beating me, I'm hitting the x-lax like a banshi! (just kidding, well maybe).

If you would like to join our contest, contact Burt or myself.

3 comments:

Brandon E said...

No, you've got the old man Holmes look going now.
Chic cars, no beard, are you gonna sell the zebrajet and buy a pontoon now? Who is this guy?

I'm down with the 10%, its needed in many of us.

j_webb said...

oooo! That scared me! Talk about extreme close-ups!

You might want to re-think that homebrew idea. It is not exactly "light". haha

Count me out on the contest. I need less flab, not less weight.
;-).

quinn said...

yo
i don't like the chin. re-grow the beard. i'm keeping mine. maybe i should just grow it out for the next 3 years. hmm. not a bad idea. i could cut it off just in time for exams. that, and find a tie somewhere. whaaaaa haaaaaaa.
i'm not losing any weight. in fact, i fully intend on gaining the "freshmen 15-20 or so". ha.
well, i miss you fellas. i'm homesick. also, i need a job. pray.