Monday, April 28, 2008

April Fishing







April is one of my favorite months to fish. The weather is great, the fish are moving up, and all is well in the world.



I haven't whacked them in any tournaments, yet, but maybe soon. So far I am in 2 place for angler of the year inthe Alabama BASS Federation Nation but I have a long way to go before the season is over.



Here are a few pictures of fish from this month. One is a monster bream and perhaps the largest bass I have ever caught, both caught Sunday afternoon in a farm pond in Shelby county (aka Cheater Pond). Lee, Hebert , Quinn and I had a fun time on the water and caught tons of fish. The spotted bass was about 4 pounds and caught at Twin Lakes.
Just being outdoors this time of year is cool. I have seen several bald eagles, turkeys, a fox. I caught a Bowfin (really odd looking pre-historic toothy fish), and 3 Pickerals (southern cousin to the Northern Pike), a few snakes and some gators too. Just a great time to be out in God's creation!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brandon E said...

what was the weight on the bream?

FYI the dishwasher works, just in case you were jealous of what I was doing Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Love the pictures.

j_webb said...

That bream had to be about a pound!